Get Milk! Breastfeeding Basics and Assessment
An informative 2 -hour course designed to aid the expectant parents in getting breastfeeding off to a good start. This class is taught monthly by our Breastfeeding Educator or Certified Lactation Consultant, and is recommended for any woman who is thinking about nursing her baby. Class fee: $35 per couple. Register online.
The course includes:
- Benefits / components of human milk for human babies
- Overcoming breastfeeding barriers
- Breast anatomy and physiology, infant oral anatomy, and how the two come together for a comfortable breastfeeding experience
- How to know if you’re making enough milk, and baby is transfering milk well.
- breastfeeding management for going back to work and other challenges
- Medications and their effect on lactation and the breastfeeding infant
- Family unit bonding and comfort techniques w/ basic infant massage
- Resources available if help is needed