Get Iron! Placenta Encapsulation
- $200 (Regular Price for NON Get Babied Clients)
- $160 (Discounted for Get Babied Birth Doula Clients ONLY)
* Extra mileage fees may apply for distances of 15+ miles one-way for in home consults, classes, or deliveries.
Mileage Upcharge Doulas will meet you in early labor in your home if you would like them to. Doulas also visit you in your home 7 days after your delivery if your package includes a postpartum visit.
If your home is more than a 30 mile round trip from the Get Babied office, there is a mileage upcharge applicable.
Please see chart below and use Google Maps to determine distance: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&authuser=0
Round Trip Mileage:
|Round Trip Mileage||$ Fee||Approx. drive time|
|31-60 miles||$20||30 min – 1 hour|
|61-90 miles||$40||1 hour – 1.5 hours|
|91-120 miles||$60||1.5 hours – 2 hours|
|121-150 miles||$80||2 hours – 2.5 hours|
|151-180 miles||$100||2.5 hours – 3 hours|
|181-210 miles||$120||3 hours – 3.5 hours|
|211-240 miles||$140||3.5 hours – 4 hours|
Ingesting your placenta can have numerous benefits for the mother. Taking your own placenta capsules after birth restores much of the hormones lost after delivery and can help stave off the “baby blues”, give you more energy, and increase lactation. Your Encapsulator has their Texas Food Handlers License and has had blood borne pathogens training specific to placenta encapsulation.Your placenta will be encapsulated using the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) method. Contact Get Babied as soon as possible after birth so arrangements can be made to begin the process. If the process is unable to begin within 1-2 days, double zip-lock bag your placenta and put it in the back of your freezer. Below is a list of supplies your encapsulator will use (she will provide all supplies) and a description of the process.
To learn more about the process and to download forms needed for getting the placenta released from Austin Area hospitals: CLICK HERE
Supplies: Stainless Steel Steamer Stainless Steel Knife Stainless Steel ScissorsFood Dehydrator Parchment Paper
Disposable Cutting Board Gloves 10% Bleach Sanitizing Solution Anti-Bacterial Soap Lemon Peppers
Ginger Spice Grinder Vegetarian Capsules Capsule Filler Cleaning Brushes Sponges
1) Sink and counter will be cleaned and sprayed with sanitizing solution.
2) All placenta preparation tools will be washed and sterilized.
3) Your placenta will be rinsed of all blood clots, and the cord and membranes will be removed.
4) Your placenta will be lightly steamed over a bath of water, lemon, hot pepper, and ginger. If you are allergic to any of these foods, please let us know.
5) Once steamed, you placenta will be thinly sliced and placed on parchment paper in a food dehydrator.
6) Your placenta will be dehydrated for 6-8 hours.
7) All disposable items will be bagged and disposed of. All reusable items will be washed and sanitized.
8) Your placenta will be ground into a powder and put into pills.
9) Your placenta pills will be put in a glass jar. They will need to be stored in the refrigerator during daily use and in the freezer for extended use.
Take 2-3 Pills 3X day for the first 1-2 weeks. After that, take 3 pills 1X day as needed. Increase your dosage if you are feeling fatigued, emotional, or low on your milk supply. Do not take placenta pills if you have cold or flu symptoms or if you have mastitis infection. You can resume once the infection has cleared.
This advice is not clinical, pharmaceutical, or intended to diagnose or treat any condition. Families who choose to utilize these services take full responsibility of their own health and for researching and using the remedies.