CAPPA Labor Doula Training
Are you interested in becoming a doula?? Then join us for a CAPPA approved Labor Doula training and begin your journey to an amazing career serving families. CAPPA is the worlds largest childbirth education organization. Attending an approved training is your first step to completing your certification. CAPPA offers distance learning programs, accelerated programs, dual programs and much more. For all the requirements to become a CAPPA certified Labor Doula, please see the CAPPA website.
Labor Doula training will include information on:
* The CAPPA organization–including the mission, policies and benefits of being a CAPPA Certified doula
*The Labor doula scope of practice–how to work in those guidelines and handle when those lines are challenged
* Physiology of labor and birth, including a clear understanding of the stages and phases of labor
* A wide variety of comfort measures that can be used throughout labor, including when to use and how to use these correctly.
* How to support families during labor and birth and help facilitate communication between them and their care providers
* Medications and interventions used for labor
* Supporting families through expected situations and outcomes
*How to support families during the postpartum time
*Basic breastfeeding information
*Marketing and building your doula practice
* And so much more to help you feel equipped to be a great doula!
Your training costs will include this 16 contact hour training and a training manual/binder.
When: August 11-12, Friday/Saturday
Where: Exact Location details will be given once payment and registration form is completed.
Fee’s: Early Bird $375 until 5/25/2012 ( extended!!), $415 until 7/4/2012, $450 after 7/4/2012. Registration will close on July 23.
To see more details and pay for your training, please visit the Laboring Hands Website.http://www.dfwdoula.com/