Now Hiring: Postpartum Doulas
Role Of The Postpartum Doula
A postpartum doula provides in-home care to families after the birth of a baby. The postpartum doula’s role includes helping with breastfeeding, sharing information about maternal adjustment, teaching about infant care and development, processing the birth experience, light housekeeping, meal preparation, and whatever else the mother needs done. The doula’s focus is usually on taking care of everything else so that mom can take care of baby, however the doula may also do some baby care while mom is in the bath, napping or out of the home.
A postpartum doula generally begins working with the family right after the baby is born, and depending on the family’s needs, she will continue to work with them from a few weeks to a year or more.
Get Babied Doula Collective Inc. currently has a team postpartum doulas and is looking for another sensitive, mature, and reliable postpartum doulas to join us.
Job Posting Requirements
This position entails:
- 4-20 hours per week (variable, contract to contract)
The successful candidate must have:
- Healthy working knowledge of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and infant care
- Additional training in breastfeeding is ideal
- Experience as a postpartum doula and/or birth doula is an asset
- Current Infant & Child CPR (or willing to obtain)
- Criminal record check
- -Have attended a PP doula training or be certified (preferred, not required. RN with relevant experience will suffice
-Have experience with babies or children and have taken Got Babied! New Infant Surival with Happiest Baby techniques
-Have taken a breastfeeding class, know how to use pumps, and BE CONFIDENT in assisting women with breastfeeding. BOTH Texas State breastfeeding classes or equivalent preferred. Audit of Got Milk! Breastfeeding Basics
The successful candidate must be:
- Reliable & responsible
- Knowledgeable about maternal postpartum adjustments and infant care and development.
- Able to keep accurate records
This position is suitable for a practicing doula, as it can accommodate attending births.
Rate Of Pay:
$19.69-$21.50/hour (1099 Contract work).
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter detailing your knowledge and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org